Tuesday 20 December 2011

Shifting Sands Online

Please go to the Latinum Website, at

  Latinum.org.uk


2011 has really been a year of shifting sands in the online world. The biggest impact on my online presence, was the folding of the mypodcast server farm, and with it, the disappearance of Latinum from iTunes and the internet.
I had assumed this would eventually happen, and had started to produce DVDs with the podcast material, and to develop a presence on YouTube.

I still don't find YouTube is the best medium for what I am trying to achieve, however, I will keep working with it, as long as it continues to exist. I assume YouTube has a long term future,and so is worth making the investment of time.

Google's KNOL system is also shutting down in mid 2012, so I copied all my articles from there across to this blog. Blogger, I assume, has a future, at least in the medium term.

Schola still exists,as Ning took the brave move to start to charge for its hosting service, to protect itself from the fate of companies such as mypodcast. I assume that Ning is financially stable, at least in the medium term. I pay around $250 a year to keep Schola up and running -  which is one reason why I ask for donations - and the few pennies I make from the DVD sales also go toward supporting Schola.


2 comments:

Andrea Martell said...

Is there a way to get Latinum back on Itunes?

The Bent Branch said...

Unfortunately, no. Not without a considerable financial investment to pay for the bandwidth.