Tuesday 24 March 2009


Learn to speak Latin






Latinum's Latin Language Course is comprehensive.




About Latin




Latin Language CD-ROM Latinum

RRP: £00.00

Our Price: £00.00 - it is free!







Where does Latin come from?

Latin has been in existence for some 2500 years. Latin is an Italic-Indo European language, the ancestor of modern Romance languages which was originally spoken as a local dialect in a small village on the Tiber river in Italy. It spread throughout the Mediterranean world with the expansion of the Roman empire. It was used throughout Europe as a scholar's language, until the 1700's.


Latinum's Latin Course Details


This is an excitingly different language learning series. Latinum provides what is most important in language learning - exposure to a huge number of variations on simple sentence patterns.



Latinum is popular, with millions of lessons having been downloaded.


The course, while aimed at adults, can be used effectively by children as well. As you advance, the amount of materials available increase, including stories and songs in Latin.






Customer Testimonials


"This is the best course I found on the internet. I use MP3 to learn a lot and don't try to catch anything while listening in the background. I listen to the course in the car and remember automatically, almost without effort. That's just how the brain works, I think, at least mine! You speak very clearly and pronounce very well - it's easy to follow."


"I really appreciate your podcast. It definitely helped me prepare for a spoken Latin seminar I went to at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington.



Most of the attendees were teachers and professors. There was also a classics graduate student who attended. There were two days of preparation sessions which consisted of about 6 hours of classes each day. Then 7 days of the conference with about 4 hours of classes and an outing each day. We went to places like museums, an aquarium, a zoo, parks, and on a hike in the mountains. It was really fun and I learned a lot.



I have taken less than two years of Latin but I was able to understand what was going on as well as the graduate student who has much more experience with Latin than I do.



I believe that was because I spent a lot of time listening to your Latin podcast and the graduate student's experience was only with reading Latin.



I really believe that listening and speaking are very important in learning a language.




"









No comments: