Monday 4 February 2008

Schola Review

Schola

Evan Millner has created Schola, a group on the Ning social networking site devoted to Latin conversation. I like his rules:

1. NOS ARTEM SCRIBENDI EDISCIMUS.
2. ERRANDUM EST NOBIS.
3. SCRIBENDUM EST NOBIS LATINE.
4. NEMO LITTERAS EMENDAT. (Don’t correct anyone!) NEFAS EST.

Omnia epistolia non Latina delebuntur.

I commend the idea of just letting poeple try their hand at latin–errors be damned. Too often I see topics where you can’t write a Latin sentence without someone chiming in about an obscure point of grammar or whether or not censeo, puto, cogito or reor is the “right” verb (hey, I’ve written a few myself, so I’m not pointing any fingers). Better to dive in and make mistakes than never try at all.

Added to the blogroll…

No comments: