Saturday 22 December 2007

A Letter from a User


re: http://latinum.mypodcast.com

Hi Evan,

I really appreciate your podcast. It definitely helped me prepare for a spoken Latin seminar I went to at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington.

Most of the attendees were teachers and professors. There was also a classics graduate student who attended. There were two days of preparation sessions which consisted of about 6 hours of classes each day. Then 7 days of the conference with about 4 hours of classes and an outing each day. We went to places like museums, an aquarium, a zoo, parks, and on a hike in the mountains. It was really fun and I learned a lot.

I have taken less than two years of Latin but I was able to understand what was going on as well as the graduate student who has much more experience with Latin than I do.

I believe that was because I spent a lot of time listening to your Latin podcast and the graduate student's experience was only with reading Latin.

I really believe that listening and speaking are very important in learning a language.

Thanks,

B.

No comments: